Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Skull Parade





Here are some more rather interesting skulls to look at. Do you think I am morbid? I probably am. But I wouldn't say that I was obsessed with, or romanticise, death. I'm not impressed with death particularly, can't say I find it particularly nice, or am in any way looking forward to it myself - despite religious ideas about what death entails, such as Aleister Crowley's suggestion in 'The Book of the Law' that death is - to paraphrase I'm sure - rest and ecstacy in the bosom of Nu. That may be so, but until that time I can't be sure. Plus, I also like the idea of living the best and most interesting life possible here on planet earth, and trying to do something that will outlast my own demise. The ancient Greek heroes strove for 'Kleos Aphthiton' - imperishable glory - that sounds good to me. To gain imperishable glory, one has to do something really outstanding. Whether one actually ever does that, at least it is a good aim to have in life, I think.

No comments: